The objectives of the PSEE are captured in our mission statement and expected outcomes
The PSEE is committed to working in partnership with business to build a better, more efficient and secure energy future for South Africa.
The subsidised services offered by the PSEE are aimed at assisting companies of all sizes to improve energy efficiency, save costs, and enhance long-term business competitiveness and sustainability.
South African companies need to manage their energy demand and meet both country and value-chain obligations in the context of imminent mandatory energy efficiency reporting regulations, energy security challenges, and the impact of energy price increases on company operational costs.
By being more energy efficient, companies can improve business productivity, enhance competitiveness and innovation as well as provide access to energy efficiency financial subsidies and tax incentives.
In line with this, the PSEE supports companies towards achieving:
- energy savings
- energy intensity reductions
- implementation of projects which will result in the reduction of Greenhouse Gas emissions
- improved economic competitiveness through resource and process efficiency
- leveraging investments from the private and public sectors through capital investment in energy-efficiency projects
- social benefits such as job creation and skills development relating to energy efficiency and
- increased awareness of energy efficiency.
Help-desk services, workshops and publications at no cost to you
Fully-funded four-day energy surveys and follow-up services. Last date to sign up: 31 September 2015
Up to 60% subsidised energy-reduction consultancies that take place over an eight-month period